But there is no need for a make-up meltdown. With clever tips and tricks you can make your face stay put.
Here, celebrity make-up artist LISA SLONEEM reveals how to melt-proof yourself for summer.
1. USE OIL-FREE MOISTURISER: This is an essential holiday beauty product for keeping summer skin hydrated without looking greasy.
Try La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat, £14.50. This moisturiser is the perfect base for make-up. It leaves your skin with a matte finish, reduces oil production, tightens pores and will improve your skin’s luminosity.
2. PREP SKIN WITH A PRIMER: Primers refine pores and wrinkles, creating a smoother base for application of foundation – and reduce the need for heavy make-up, which also helps it stay on.
Try Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, £26. This clear gel helps to smoothe the skin and blurs any flaws – it’s a regular favourite among make-up artists.
3. GO WITH THE GLOW: In extreme heat it is better to let skin breathe by using cream-based products.
Try a full-coverage concealer that lasts. Estée Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup SPF 15, £32.50, gives a great matte finish, conceals skin imperfections with 12-hour wear and protects from UV rays.
4. THE PRE-APPLY TOUCH-UPS: Before reapplying make-up during the daytime, take down any excess oils with a blotting paper or tissue.
Try DHC Oil Blotting Paper, £4.50. These sheets work wonders to absorb and remove shine from the skin without also removing any make-up that you have applied earlier.
5. WATERPROOF EVERYTHING: It is not only mascaras that have waterproof formulations. Eyeshadows, liners, brow products and even lipsticks mean you can go full-glam by the pool without worrying about panda eyes.
Try Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner, £8.99. This highly pigmented gel liner is smudge-proof and sets to a waterproof finish.
6. LASTING LIPPY: For a fresh and summery look, go with a tinted lip balm. A stain will provide a sheer wash of colour that won’t smudge.
But if you really want a more defined, opaque look, liquid lipsticks will have the staying power to withstand the heat.
Try Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lip Colour, £5.99. With impressive staying power, this is kiss-proof, touch-proof and waterproof.
7. EXTRA HOLD: A setting spray will go that step further to make sure your make-up won’t move. Think of it as hairspray for your face, keeping everything in place.
Try Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray, £23.50. It helps keep make-up looking perfect without melting, fading or settling into fine lines.