The summer months, officially at least, lack those all-important gifting holidays. But that doesn’t mean you can’t treat yourself to a shopping splurge and, yes, that includes guys, too.
It’s hard not to give into the temptation of flashy new shorts and T-shirts that will almost certainly be ruined on the first junk trip. We’ve all been there.
New clothes are all well and good, but don’t forget to accessorise, and more often than not, those accessories will outlast the sale items you panic-bought at Zara and H&M. Men’s accessories range from the obvious (an analogue watch is an essential part of any outfit, and anyone who tells you any different should be struck from your address book) to the downright wacky; don’t be afraid to embrace colour and pattern, they are definitely on trend. There are also a whole host of artisanal accessories you might never think to buy, all lovingly handmade or featuring an unusual material that will be the envy of your friends. Don’t forget about new tech, too. If you’re stuck for inspiration, we’ve collected some essential kit that will make the summer months more stylish, practical and just plain fun.
1. Dirty shaving cream (HK$105 for 100g, HK$185 for 225g) by Lush, 24A Granville Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
2. Weimar Calendar DF-9019, 42mm steel quartz watch (HK$3,050) by Dufa, deutsche-uhrenfabrik.de
3. Marble 13-inch MacBook Pro laptop case (HK$1,290) by Roxxlyn, Harvey Nichols, Landmark Atrium, Central
4. Gribouille pen holder (HK$3,495) by Henry Cuir, 33 St. Francis Street, Wan Chai
5. Traverse sunglasses (HK$1,380) by Nike, Rich Honor Optical Centre, Luk Yeung Shopping Centre, Tsuen Wan
6. Travel shoe care kit (HK$7,750) by John Lobb, M/F, Mandarin Oriental, 5 Connaught Road, Central
7. Cadogan leather card wallet (HK$1,290) by Dunhill, Pacific Place, Admiralty
8. 19 Degree Rose Gold collection luggage (HK$4,990-HK$9,590 depending on size) by Tumi, Pacific Place, Admiralty
9. BeatsX wireless earphones (HK$1,188) by Beats by Dr. Dre, available from apple.com/hk