TROY, N.C. – Capel Rugs in unveiling a new designer collection as well as several new styles to existing lines this month at High Point Market.
The 100-year-old company’s new program with designer Anthony Baratta features his signature Americana-inspired style in bold, bright palette on a variety of indoor/outdoor, braided and hand-tufted rugs.
- Indoor/outdoor: A collection of five loop-pile rugs made in China of 100% olefin yarns. Part of the “Capel Anywhere” line of indoor-outdoor rugs, these designs feature five distinct American-themed patterns – Compass Quilt in beige, Flags in multi, Flower Trellis in light blue, Stars & Stripes in ivory, and Nautical Grid in ocean blue and ivory.
- Hand-tufted: A collection of hand-tufted designs made in India. The patterns include Square Trellis, a fashionable geometric design available in five colorways (gray, light blue, navy, cream and mushroom) composed of 90% wool and 10% viscose; and Compass Key, with two colorways (storm and admiral) in 70% wool and 30% viscose.
“Tony is well known for his clever combinations of materials, colors and textures,” said Cameron Capel, vice president, national accounts. “His designs are sporty, upbeat and fun, with distinctive nautical, cottage and resort themes drawn from his custom work for mansions in elite spots ranging from Newport and Cape Cod to Long Island and the Adirondacks.”
To launch the line, Capel is hosting Baratta with a special meet-and-greet event from 3 to 6 p.m., Oct. 15, in Capel’s showroom, Market Square, 112.
Several of Baratta’s new rugs for Capel will be also available for viewing the new showroom space of Thomasville — Baratta’s furniture licensee. It is located at Market Square, 520.
Also at market, Capel Rugs will be showing two of its other popular licensed collections — Genevieve Gorder and Williamsburg.
- Genevieve Gorder: A new hand tufted design called Flower Pop is being introduced. Inspired by a popular fabric collection Gorder created for P/Kaufmann , Flower Pop sports a bold, over-scaled floral pattern. Made in India of 90% wool and 10% viscose, the new design features a high-low texture created with micro-point loop pile yarns. Four colorways are available — ice, peacock, navy and chocolate.
- Williamsburg: A new pattern called Bamboo Trellis is being added to the Finesse collection of indoor-outdoor rugs. Bamboo Trellis’ striking geometric design captures the unique feeling of the historic Colonial Williamsburg Gardens . Five colorways are available — noir, spa, Capri blue, navy and barley.
In addition, the Williamsburg collection also is adding Everhard Damask, a floral design inspired by vintage Williamsburg fabrics.
Capel own house line of rugs is also adding an assortment of new patterns and constructions in the latest on-trend colors this October, including:
- Orbit: Made in India of 100% wool using loop pile yarns, Orbit makes a contemporary statement with its vivid swirl-shaped design offered in three colorways — green, grey and blue.
- Spencer: Made in Holland of 100% New Zealand wool on Axminister looms, Spencer features three traditional-styled patterns, each in two colorways: Crown, in charcoal and mushroom; Keshan, in navy and cream; and Panel, in oyster and multi.
“This has been a difficult summer for many retailers because of the terrible damage and disruption that has been caused by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma,” said Cameron Capel. “The aftermath of that destruction may lead some of our customers to stay home instead of coming to market. But for those who can make it, we’ll have a great assortment of designs to share that are packed with style and value. We’re especially excited to share our new program with Anthony Baratta, since his design aesthetic is a perfect fit with the rich heritage of our 100-year-old company .”